Strong Password Generator
Last updated at April 20, 2021
Use this online password generator tool to create a random and secure password for your accounts
Why use random and strong passwords?
Weak passwords are the main security threat for every site or platform. So if you value your online safety and you want to safeguard your personal data, creating secure passwords is the way to go. To prevent your passwords from being hacked by social engineering, brute force or dictionary attack method you should user complex passwords with multiple types of characters (numbers, letters, and symbols).
Other tip, is making your passwords different for each website. This also protects you against hacking. This tools helps you to generate new random and secure passwords for your accounts.
Keep in mind:
- Try not to use the same password, security question and answer for multiple important accounts.
- Avoid using any personally information in your passwords. Names, birthdays, addresses, etc may be easy to remember and hacker can find that information online.
- Make sure your passwords are at least 12 characters long. Adding numbers, upper case, lower case and some symbols also improve your password strength.
- If your intention is to create a master password, I do not recommend to use a random password generator. Instead use a phrase that's easy to remember like a quote from a movie or an part of a song. Be sure to inject some random characters to make it stronger.
- Do not use any dictionary word in your passwords. Examples of strong passwords: *UE8gmq$3ajC , z8!yJyKUFDN5 . Examples of weak passwords: qwert12345, Gbt3fC79ZmMEFUFJ, 1234567890, 987654321, nortonpassword.
- It's recommended to change your password every 3 months
- Turn on 2-step authentication whenever possible.
- Do not store your critical passwords in the cloud (Ex: the master password for your password manager).
- Don't leave your computer or phone unlocked
- Have more than one e-mail address. Use one to important sites, like payments, amazon, etc. And the other for other things less important.
- If an online shopping site only allows to make payment with credit cards, then you should use a virtual credit card instead.
The SwissArmyKnife password generator is a way to go for creating a string, unique and random password that will make the internet a safer place